Loose skin of the arms is a problem that concerns a large portion of women mostly. In its mild form it is characterized by moderate relaxation of the skin and subcutaneous tissue while when the problem is extensive, there is a large excess of skin (sagging).
With Brachioplasty, Dr Otto corrects the contour or the size of the arms, intervening in both the skin and the fatty tissue.
- genetic or hereditary factors that determine body type
- great weight loss after pregnancy
- increased skin laxity combined with lack of exercise
rarely may be due to abnormal increase in skin elasticity (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome)
The correction is performed surgically, either under local anesthesia and sedation, or under general anesthesia depending on the size of the problem.
In mild skin laxity, the Laser-Body Sculpting ASPIRE is the ultimate solution.
Through two very small, hidden, incisions (2-3 mm), we insert the thin optic fiber of the Laser which is flexible and easily follows the convex surface of the arm.
ASPIRE Laser emits in two wavelengths, one causing lipolysis another causing shrinkage of the connective tissue therefore tightening, which is the most important.
In the case of greater degree of skin laxity, Dr Kritikos performs the limited incision Brachioplasty. The incision is made in the armpit and after healing it literally disappears.
In cases of extensive relaxation, total brachioplasty is necessary (surgical removal of unnecessary skin with two incisions). A small incision hidden in the armpit and one along the inside of the arm, the length of which depends on the size of the problem.
What else you need to know
- Depending on the duration of the operation, the patient will leave the clinic in the evening or the next morning.
- She will wear a blouse with special elastic sleeves for at least a month and will return to her daily activities within 1-2 weeks.
- Dr Otto does not use external sutures and postoperative scars particularly indistinguishable in the long run.
- The uniform effect is immediately apparent.